Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Voting

Yesterday I took Dad to vote. I was really hoping to get a picture of him but I also had three of the kids with me and had my hands full. Dad was very excited to be able to do this. Since he can't read very well I was allowed to help him out. They had a little desk set up for those who couldn't stand at the voting boxes. So I read to him what he could vote for and who. He was very opinionated about some of the propositions and didn't care much about others (Like should so and so be kept as a judge). Those ones he had me skip over. After I finished voting myself, and we got load in the car, Dad let out a cheer. We both laughed and sang that we had finished voting and no longer had to worry about it. It was wonderful to see that Dad still has the ability to vote. I believe he was pretty happy about it too. We celebrated with a trip to McDonald's. But now Dad is grumbling about who won.

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

That's wonderful that you were able to help him vote. I love reading about his progress. Thank you again for sharing your lives in Casper with us