Sunday, May 31, 2009

End of Therapy

Dad had his last day of OT and PT on Friday. I was able to go and watch about 4 times before he ended and Mom was able to come in the last 2 times. They showed me all the different stretches they do with him and helped me figure out the technique so I could do them at home. I was really glad I went as many times as I did because I didn't really feel like I knew what I was doing until the last 2 times. We took lots of pictures and notes to help us remember exactly how to do them. Dad has one more month of speech therapy. Mom and I have decided that I will do the stretching with Dad and she will work on the speech. Since Dad's arm and leg that I work with are limp, it is quite the work out to do his stretches. I am just glad he is letting me do them with him.

No comments: