Thursday, June 4, 2009

Goals

Mom started making weekly goal for Dad to work on so he can become more independent. This weeks goal was for him to start pulling out his own clothing in the morning to get dressed.
This evening I was passing by his bedroom and saw him searching through his "closet" (a pantry cupboard thing of ours). I went in to see if I could help. He was searching for his shorts to wear tomorrow. I helped him find a pair and noticed he had the rest of his clothing in his arms. Mom soon came in when she heard all the commotion. When I told her he was getting all of his cloths ready for the next day a sweet grin came on her face. She told me of the goal she set for Dad. I could tell she was very proud of him to already accomplishing it. He is always very funny when he has done something he is proud of . He is almost shy about it but at the same time really glad we noticed.
We will see what next weeks goal is.

No comments: