Friday, June 5, 2009

The Trickster

Today Dad and Mom got some Mexican food for lunch. I came up stairs after they had finished eating and Dad offered me some of the left over tortilla. After taking a piece and eating it Dad wanted me to try it with some of the two hot sauces that was left over. I opened one and tried had a few bites. I walked away to do something and came back. Dad had a silly grin on his face which I just dismissed. I went to dip another piece of tortilla in the hot sauce I had been using. As I dipped it in I realized the sauce looked a bit fuller and wasn't quite the same color. I looked over at the other hot sauce and realized it was the original one I had been using. I asked Dad "Did you switch sauces on me"? His reply was a lot of laughter. He was trying to get me to eat the hotter one. I tried the new "hotter" sauce. And found out it was the milder one. So I informed him it wasn't as hot. We had a good laugh. I guess the joke was on him.

No comments: